Thank you for thinking of Midtown Reader as your partner for an author event. Please read our event guidelines below!
- If your book is not currently stocked at Midtown Reader, please read our Local & Indie Author Information HERE about getting your book in our store.
- We like to schedule our events a minimum of two months in advance. This allows us to prepare for the event by ordering the author’s books, including the event information on our website and social media, etc. Please consider this when suggesting dates for your event!
- We typically host events for books within a few months of a book’s publication date. We love celebrating new releases!
- Our events are most successful when authors/event proposers assist in marketing the event to the public, and to friends and family. We ask that you engage in the marketing of the event along with our team at Midtown Reader.
- We will review the submitted information and get back to you within two weeks.
- We are not always able to host proposed events due to scheduling, staff restrictions, book availability, and various reasons.
Below are the two types of events that we offer in-store:
These events are monthly book-signing styles that occur in the upstairs cafe space on Saturdays. These events take place from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. during our Sip and Shop hours. An author will be paired with 2-3 other local and indie authors, and are invited to engage with readers and fellow authors.
These events occur during the week on Wednesday or Thursday evenings and are held in our upstairs cafe space. The author shares passages from their books, engages with the audience through a Q&A session, and offers insight into their creative process. They may be accompanied by a staff member or a community member.